Luang Prabang is just so beautiful. So beautiful, in fact, that in
my six months of living in Laos I’ve been there twice! After I went the first
time I knew I had to bring my parents back to see it. It was also nice that I
knew the area and knew exactly where I wanted to bring them. Here are a few
highlights:
The Bamboo Bridge!
The entire town is basically a few small streets on a peninsula
between the Nam Khan and Mekong River. Our hotel was on the other side of the
Nam Khan so we had to walk across the bamboo bridge whenever we wanted to go
into town.
Food!
![]() |
| Dad dipped into the delicious French bakeries. |
![]() |
| I ate some khao soi for breakfast. |
Waterfalls!
The first waterfall we went to was Tad Se.
We walked through a Khmu
village celebrating their New Year before getting to the area where the small
boats left from.
Aldo was struggling to get off the boat and Nads almost tipped
it when trying to take a picture. Classic.
Then we rode some elephants. We couldn’t all fit on one so I rode
solo. It’s definitely cool to have the token picture of you riding an elephant,
but I wasn’t a big fan of the whole experience. Cool pics nonetheless.
The next morning we visited Kuang Si Waterfall. Tad Se is beautiful
and quaint, but Kuang Si is just over the top. There’s also a great place for
swimming and jumping!
Other Generally Beautiful Looking Things
| There was some sort of kids fashion show going on at one of the primary schools. It was adorable. |
![]() |
| Cute looking shops. |
| View from the bottom steps of Mount Phousi just above the night market. |
![]() |
| Ock Pop Tok. I mentioned it in my post about the last time I went to Luang Prabang. I brought my parents there this time! |
![]() |
| Glass mosaic of the Tree of Life at the back of Wat Xieng Thong. |
| Clothes lines. |
![]() |
| The boys in saffron. |









No comments:
Post a Comment