Friday, 13 September 2013

A Few Highlights ...


… since I last wrote.

Meditation: Last Saturday I went to the “Forest Wat” (I can’t remember what it’s called in Lao). Monks lead a meditation every week at 4 pm. We did a 20 minute sitting meditation, a 20 minute walking meditation, and then we finished with another 20 minute sitting meditation. It was pretty cool! I think I’ll head back there this week.

Bowling and Checkers: I’m referring to actual bowling this time. It was Sareeta’s birthday last weekend so we went out for drinks and finished off the evening with a little late night bowling. Some of the guys working there were playing checkers. They decided to make their own board!








Waterfalls: This Sunday I went for a nice bike ride to visit Kristine, Nyah, and Ricky. After a delicious lunch, Ricky and I went for a motorbike ride. We saw a sign for a waterfall 9 km away so we went to find it! We made it there. Eventually. Let me tell ya, it wasn’t 9 km away. By the time we got back it was pitch black out so I stayed the night and biked back in the morning! 







Weird Fruit: Ricky gave me some fruit to take home. Nobody knows what it’s called but we decided that it’s probably in the tamarind family. It has a hard shell and a pit, and is kind of powdery on the inside. It tastes very tarty. It’s super bizarre, but quite good actually.




Doodles: I finally started learning to read and write. Look at my page of doodles! It’s all starting to make sense now!



Until next time,

KB 



No comments:

Post a Comment