Thursday, 4 July 2013

3 for 3!

Sabaidee from Vientiane!

I have arrived! My brother was a little anxious yesterday morning when he found out I was flying standby and didn't have an actual seat. With a stroke of good fortune I got on the plane and was placed in seat 44B. Twas literally the last row of seats, right next to the washroom! As I was just getting comfy and started dosing off a lady came to my seat and told me it was moving time! For the remaining 14 hours to Hong Kong I was rollin' like a big shot! That's right, first class baby! THANKS ZIA. YOU DA BOMB. My journey from Hong Kong to Bangkok was a-okay. I befriended a nice South African man waiting at the gate in Bangkok. He lives in the Philippines and is going to Vientiane for business. After we had been chatting for a while I asked him what kind of work he did and he replied, "casinos." Hmmm ... interesting. He gave me his business card so I'll have to send him an email. Bangkok to Vientiane was fab as well. I picked up my tourist visa upon arrival so I guess you can say that technically I'm only allowed to tour. Unless of course ... just kidding. Sheyla and Hassan (2 other PIAers) greeted me at the airport. They were coming from a 4th of July party! Happy 4th to all you Americans kind enough to be reading this right now! Hassan gave me a note that someone at the party had written for me. It said, "Please come to our party or we will judge you. Harshly. <3 your new friends." Unfortunately we didn't make it back to the party, but Sheyla gave me a grand tour of her house, which is B.E.A.Utiful by the way. Everyone seems so nice! Now I'm all showered and ready for bed!

Night!

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment